As part of the BMVIT delegation trip to China, the Austrian Science & Technology Days were organized for the first time with officials from the city of Xi’an 9th to 10th October 2017 – the Austrian Science & Technology Days were opened by Philipp Agathonos (Director of OSTA), Yang Guosheng (Vice-Secretary General of the City Government Xi’an), Gernot Grimm (General Director from the Federal Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology) and Christian Frey (Director of the Austrian Research Promotion Agency – FFG).
The event included sessions on five topics:
- urban transportation technologies
- urban waste management
- retrofitting of old buildings
- geological prevention of disasters
- cooperation between Austria and China in the fields of Science and Research.
During every session officials from the city of Xi’an introduced their priorities for the coming years. Austrian Institutes, agencies and companies were thus able to present tailor-made solutions to address these priorities. These were: the Austrian Research Promotion Agency – FFG, the Austrian Institute of Technology – AIT, the Austrian Technology Corporation – ATC and the leading companies SWARCO, Doppelmayr and M.U.T.
The presentations were followed by intense discussions between the two sides and marked out the high potential for concrete project-based cooperation.
- Xi’ an Municipal
- Xi´an Municipal Bureau of Sci. & Tech
- Xi’an Municipal Development&Reform Commission
- Xi´an Municipal Bureau of Transportation
- Xi’an Municipal Bureau of Land and Resources
- Xi’an Municipal Bureau of City Management
- Austrian Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology
- The Austrian Research Promotion Agency (FFG)
- Austrian Institute of Technology (AIT)
- M U T